Saturday, November 8, 2008

The craziest thing I've ever seen

This week I saw one of the craziest things ever. Dana and the kids went out of town for the day. I talked to her on her way home and when after she got home. She called me after the kids went to bed and asked me to pick up some medicine on my way home. As I pulled onto the driveway, at about 10:00pm, I notice the passenger side rear tire looked funny. I thought, “What could Dana have run over that stuck to the tire?” It was dark so I just rub my had across the weird looking spot, being careful because I thought it was something nasty, and it had a sound like a dry leaf. So I tried to grab it and pull it off. When I did that is when I realized something was really wrong. My finger got stuck and began bleeding. Leaves can’t do that. I just happened to have my flashlight in my pocket, as good Boy Scouts always do, and shined a light on the tire. That’s when I saw there was a huge chuck of the tire missing. The rubber was gone all the way down to the wire cords that keep the tire together and some of them were busted. Immediately I was thankful that Dana and the kids were safe at home. I began thanking God right then as I was rushing inside. Dana was lying on the couch and I gave here a big hug and told her I was so thankful that she and the kids were alive. She was confused and asked why I would just say that. I told her what I saw on the tire. She sat up and said “I knew something happened to the tire on the way home tonight. I stopped to look at what could have happened. I didn’t see any thing and I even kicked the tire and it had air. So I drove home.” Dana drove home on the interstate at 70 mph on this tire:





Isn't that crazy. I believe that with all my heart the God kept that tire together. Dana and I have committed our lives to serving Christ but we are not perfect and sometime fail in this commitment. In Proverbs 2 verse 8 God makes this promise:
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

He always comes through on his promises and he proved that to us once again this week. Our God is a great God who loves us even when we don’t show love to him. I prayed that evening with Dana and thanked God for his protection for my family. Even though I don’t always show love to God, he always shows love to me. I give all praise and glory to God for my life and my family.

Grace and Peace to you,
Doug

0 comments: