Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Awesome Weekend

Last weekend was one of the most awesome weekends of my life. I got home on Friday night at about 11:15pm or so and I wasn’t even the least bit tired. I was so pumped up because of what had happened that night and was going to be happening throughout the weekend I couldn’t go to sleep. Just ask Dana who was trying to go to sleep but I couldn’t stop talking.

Let me explain for those of you who don’t know. On Friday, Halloween, the Salisbury campus had the Hallelujah Festival (the safe alternative to Halloween). We had Trunk or Treat, tons of games for kids, free hot dogs and pop corn, costume contest, and much more. The coolest part is the Bible Woods Hay Ride. For this we have my students, at different spots, in the woods, not to scare people, but to teach them about a person from the Bible like Moses, David, Mary, etc. As the hay ride goes around it stops at each character and the student explains a little about that person's life. The last stop of the ride is “Peter” and at this stop the gospel is presented and the plan of salvation is offered, for everyone, but mostly the kids. This year I was Peter and I prayed with 10 kids who offered their live to Christ. WOW. I was so excited. I had prayed for all the hay rides that just one person would be ready to accept Christ and dang-it if 10 didn’t pray with me. As the night went on I just kept getting more and more excited. I just couldn’t believe it. A really great part of this is I don’t think 10 kids would have accepted Christ if it wasn’t for the work that the students had done before the hay ride got to me. Their parts were crucial and very good. They practiced for at least 3 weeks on their parts and it paid off. GREAT JOB IGNITE AND 180.

So when I got home I started processing what had happened and I couldn’t stop thanking God for all that had happened that night. Then I started thinking about what was going to happen over the rest of the weekend and I just got more excited. I just kept praying and thanking God. So much so that I only got about 2 hours sleep. Here are some of the other things that happened over the weekend:

Salisbury Gas Buy Down – we pumped over 1300 gallons of fuel into 111 cars. We washed their windows and best of all we showed them the love of Christ when they weren’t expecting it.

Heating Vouchers giveaway in Kannapolis – Brian gave away $50 vouchers to our people to give to someone they know who needs help paying their heating bill.

Brian Preaching – It is great to finally have Brian in Kannapolis full time. I think everyone was excited to have him their also. I think he did a great job.

OCTOPLY - Brian made a new word. I am not sure if that has to do with math or toilet paper but I am sure going to have a great time joking him about it. LOL

The Church being the Church – I believe that the efforts we are making during our “Whatever It Takes” campaign is what the church is supposed to be “doing.” I feel like we are giving folks the tools they need to minister to those who have needs. There is a different feeling in the air right now at each campus. It’s like people sense we are not just going to sit back and be happy where we are. We are going to use what God has gave us for his glory and to reach those who don’t know Him.

We’re not stopping – This in not going to stop. As a church we are committed to continue reaching outside the wall of the church building to those who are not here. Everybody needs Jesus and it is each believers responsibility to GO and DO for others to show his love.


I love our church.

0 comments: